Sunday, October 21, 2012

C. J. Huff on resilience in the aftermath of the unthinkable



Joplin Schools Superintendent C. J. Huff  described the Joplin Tornado experience during a speech at the PopTech 2012: Toward Resilience, held in Camden, Maine, this weekend.

"We had children who were in the rubble," Huff told the audience, "and there is no worse feeling in the world. I can tell you at this time in my life, I had 7,747 kids I was responsible for, and I could only account for my two children."


Huff also explained the role Bright Futures played in the tornado recovery process.

This year's PopTech was described this way on its website:


(It will) explore the role of creativity, technology, and learning in building resilience, and what might it take to bolster America’s ability to rebound. We’ll explore what new science is revealing about building our personal and organizational resilience in the face of change.

No comments: