Saturday, July 15, 2017
Drunk driving accidents, missing people, meth, child porn charges among top Turner Report/Inside Joplin posts for the week
Ten years later, I added Inside Joplin and Inside Joplin Obituaries, among other blogs, increasing the scope and coverage of this news operation.
This week's top posts, with links to each of them provided below, offer ample evidence of the kind of information you receive here that is not being provided by other area media sources.
As far as I can determine, the Joplin Globe has yet to offer coverage of the federal child pornography charges that have been filed against a former Joplin pediatric surgeon or about the federal grand jury indictment of Jarub Baird, Carthage, on meth conspiracy and money laundering charges.
The Turner Report also provided the first coverage of the indictment against the former Innovative Objects owner.
This blog was also the only one to write about a Joplin man who beat his girlfriend, knocked her teen out, but was allowed out on bond and allegedly assaulted her again.
And then there was the coverage of two head-on collisions that Highway Patrol troopers believe were caused by drunk drivers.
It was an unusual week for Inside Joplin, with not one listing of Joplin Police Department arrests making the top 10.
For the past six weeks, Inside Joplin has averaged more than 10,000 visitors a day, while the Turner Report continues to reach approximately 6,000 and Inside Joplin Obituaries is up to 4,000 a day. Thanks again for your continued support.
And thanks to those of you who have contributed to Turner Report/Inside Joplin, have bought a subscription, or have shared posts and told others about the news the blogs offer every day.
For those of you who have not contributed or taking a subscription, please consider doing so and helping these blogs continue to exist, grow, and continue to provide an alternative to the area's traditional media.
Subscriptions are $30 for a year, $3 per month, or $1 per week. If you would prefer not to take a continuing subscription, you can contribute any amount, large or small. If even five percent of the blogs' readers contributed $5 apiece, I would be able to expand the capabilities of what the blog is doing, including more in-person coverage, updated equipment, and more to spend on Sunshine Law and Freedom of Information Act requests and court records.
Please consider using the PayPal buttons below the links or mail contributions or subscriptions to Randy Turner, 2306 E. 8th, Apt. G, Joplin, MO 64801.
The links to this week's top posts are provided below.
The Turner Report
1. Mother of driver in quadruple-fatality accident: McKay was not impaired by anything but his phone
2. Jarub Baird expected to plead guilty to meth conspiracy, money laundering charges
3. Unsealed transcript: The boy in former Joplin pediatric surgeon's bed and what the FBI found in his secret room
4. About the coverage of the July 4 quadruple-fatality crash
5. Joplin man cited for DWI following head-on collision, three injuries near Carl Junction
6. Teen driver in July 4 head-on crash that killed three others dies at Mercy Hospital
7. Court documents: Joplin man who beat girlfriend, knocked her teen out, released on bond, assaults her again
8. Four-fatality accident most visited post on Turner Report/Inside Joplin history, top post on three blogs
9. Federal grand jury indicts former Innovative Objects, Joplin, owner for $26 million fraud schemes
10. Carthage man injured by suspected drunk driver in head-on collision undergoes surgery for broken neck
1. Joplin parents search for runaway daughter, missing since Sunday
2. Joplin Police Department asks for help locating missing woman
3. Seneca couple: Please help us find our son
4. Joplin Police searching for missing woman
5. Update: Joplin Police arrest hit-and-run driver
6. Runaway Seneca teen home safe
7. Police arrest couple at business, confiscate meth; they weren't really there for the ice cream
8. Joplin, Carthage police departments team to capture 7th Street Wal-Mart armed robbery suspects
9. Jasper County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions
10. Highway Patrol DWI Arrests July 14-15
Inside Joplin Obituaries
1. McKay Harris
2. Alexander Jarvis
3. James Stephens
4. Jan Tupper
5. Merle Sprenkle
6. Leora Greninger
7. Nona Chandler
8. Paula Gehlken
9. Norma Garrison
10. Shirley Wano