Friday, December 01, 2017

Final 2017 Turner book signing, sale tomorrow at Changing Hands Book Shoppe

My final book signing and sale for 2017 will be held Saturday, December 2 (tomorrow), 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Changing Hands Book Shoppe.

All 12 of my books will be on sale and Turner Report t-shirts will also be available at a reduced price.

The books that will be available and a brief description of each:

Classroom Confidential- My latest collection of writings about education issues, school matters and teachers and students I have known $10

Sports Talk Memories- A collection of some of my best sports features $10

Silver Lining in a Funnel Cloud: Greed, Corruption and the Joplin Tornado- The story of how the city government of Joplin and the Joplin R-8 School District mishandled the recovery from the tornado, beginning the day of the tornado and going through the "retirement" of C. J. Huff as superintendent, based on documents, reports, and their own stories. $15

No Child Left Alive- The infamous novel that got me fired. It examines one year at a high school in a dysfunctional school district where the superintendent is a narcissist, the assistant superintendent is angling for his job and the kids run everything. $10

Let Teachers Teach- My first collection of my writing on education. $10

Scars from the Tornado: One Year at Joplin East Middle School- In their own words, East Middle School teachers and students tell the story of their tornado experiences and their first year in a warehouse school on the outskirts of the district. $10

Spirit of Hope: The Year After the Joplin Tornado (written with John Hacker) includes first person stories of tornado experiences, plus coverage by John and me of the events that took place all year leading up to the one-year anniversary. $15

5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado: A collection of first person accounts of  Joplin Tornado experiences, plus reporting and essays from John Hacker and me $15

Newspaper Days- A memoir of my 22 years in the newspaper business $5

The Turner Report- Recollections of some of the most interesting stories and events I covered during my newspaper experiences, as well as some stories from the early days of the Turner Report $5

Devil's Messenger (Banned in Joplin edition) My second novel is a combination horror story- murder mystery $10

Small Town News- My first novel- a fictionalized account of the events of October 31, 2001 when the Bank of Diamond was robbed and the Diamond R-4 superintendent disappeared. $5

Turner Report t-shirts will be available for $15, a reduction of $5 from the regular price.



No comments: