Saturday, February 17, 2018

Neosho Junior High revelations, Jayda Kyle case top Turner Report posts for the week

Posts involving the Neosho Junior High School project take up three of the top 10 posts in the Turner Report this week, including the top post.

Thanks to everyone who has been sending me information about the Neosho School District. I ask that those who are considering sending me any documents, e-mails or information to make sure that you use an e-mail account that is not connected to the school district. As always, I will protect my sources just as I have done for the past 41 years.

This week's list also includes a number of stories published earlier including posts about Wallace Bajjali and Mark Rohr that I posted on the Inside Joplin Facebook and my own personal Facebook page as part of my occasional Turner Report Time Machine series.

The top Inside Joplin post this week was published Monday, February 12 and listed school cancellations, but I screwed up the original headline and wrote Monday, February 11 before a couple of readers let me know and I changed it.

I felt bad until I bought a copy of the Sunday Joplin Globe a day late and almost did not buy it when I read the date on the front page and said Sunday, February 9 instead of Sunday, February 11. I checked the inside pages to make sure and those had the right date so I went ahead and picked up a copy.

That's not to say that I should not be more careful, but I made me feel a little better to know I was not the only one who makes mistakes.

For those of you who have not subscribed to the Turner Report or made a contribution, you can use the PayPal buttons below the links or send your subscription or contribution to Randy Turner, 2306 E. 8th, Apt. G, Joplin, MO 64801. Thanks.

The Turner Report

1. Neosho superintendent signed non-disparagement contract agreed to $150,000 "donation" from architectural firm

2. My thoughts on the Jayda Kyle murder, Neosho R-5 Junior High investigation and top posts for the week

3. Trial date set for Joplin doctor charged with felony statutory rape, sodomy

4. Court document indicates Neosho R-5 School District, Decker settled former substitute teacher's lawsuit

5. Josh Hawley: I have offered up Missouri to host President Trump's military parade

6. Reporter/Carl Junction Councilwoman threatens Jayda's Beat founder, says Vaden guilty, McPherson not involved 

7. Master developer's ex-wife- You're not getting out of alimony, David

8. Mark Rohr: I am compiling information on extensive corruption in Joplin

9. State investigators examining discrepancies, lack of transparency in Neosho Junior High building project

10. Turner Report reaches 11 million visitors

Inside Joplin

1. School closings for Monday, February 12

2. Joplin man arrested following armed robbery of Zip's Convenience Store on South Connecticut

3. Women involved in head-on crash on 43 last week dies at Joplin hospital, charges may be filed

4. Joplin Police Department Arrests February 14-16

5. Jasper County Sheriff's Office Arrests February 13-14

6. Jasper County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions

7. Joplin Police Department Weekend Arrests

8. Neosho man injured in accident near Seneca

9. Joplin Police Department Arrests February 13-14

10. Newton County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions

Inside Joplin Obituaries

1. Kristine McCulley

2. Mandy Caruthers

3. Vicky Myers

4. Brandi Werneburg

5. Cheryl Houston

6. Danny Montgomery

7. Ryder Potts

8. Shawna Rainwater

9. Rose Mary Goerke

10. Ralph Goerke

***
Payment options

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any updates regarding the Vaden case?

Were depositions conducted, as scheduled, on February 9th for Devyn Kyle & Delmar Haase?

Have you received court documents surpressing you from talking about or reporting any further on this story?

I have noticed no other postings on FB or any other media source either. It makes me believe attorneys for the victims family may have filed cease and desist papers and served them to various sources.

Anonymous said...

Why is there no response to this question? Is it because the statement is true?

Randy said...

There have been no court orders telling me not to print anything and there is no likelihood of anything like that happening. As far as I can tell, there have been no court orders issued about anything. Most of the things that happen as a case is prepared for trial are never going to be written about. This case has been unusual in the amount of documents that have become available and activities, such as the recent press conference, that have taken place in public.

The relative quiet about this case for the past several days is actually more the way things usually happen in criminal cases. When there are developments, I will write about them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Randy for keeping us updated.