Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Zoey, faithful friend of Bill and Joann Turner, dead at 17

In her various incarnations as I featured her regularly on my Facebook page over the past few years, Mom and Dad's dog Zoey always made a favorable impression.

Whether it was the famous praying photo that my older sister Vicki took of her and I published a few years later when Mom was in the hospital, or the photo of her wearing a Christmas hat that I featured during the holiday season, Zoey's pictures always brought a smile.

Bill and Joann Turner lost a dog who was almost like a family member (and far more agreeable) today when Zoey died at age17.

Zoey never met a person she did not like and never met dogfood that she did like.





During her younger days, she accompanied Mom on her walks and often went with Dad to the Country Mart.

In her later years, even as her eyesight and hearing began to fail her, she always perked up when company came and would often use it as an excuse to wag her tail and run around the house and yard like a puppy.

Zoey's love extended far beyond Bill and Joann Turner. She co-existed with numerous cats over the years and was fascinated during the two times in recent years when Mom took in stray cats that had kittens.



Zoey never quite knew what kittens were, but she loved them and never understood why the mother cats would hiss at her when she licked them.

The Turner family will miss Zoey, but she brought a world of joy to those who knew her.

















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww so sweet. A great tribute to your friend Zoey. I am sorry for your loss.

Steve Holmes said...

My sympathies, Randy. Been there.

Carol Buck said...

SO SORRY... They are our family too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the loss and appreciate you sharing Zoey's story/pics with us.

Do you think your folks will get another dog?

james moore said...

do all good puppies go to heaven or is this our heaven having them in our lives.R.I.P.Zoey

Unknown said...

we are so sorry to hear that they lost a loved one. prayers for them to get through this.

Just A Mother said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of sweet Zoey. On the same day March 14, 2018 we lost our precious 16 year old Golden Retriever Biscuit, I am truly heartbroken as I also know your parents are. I'm sending prayers of comfort to your parents and to you Randy.