Monday, May 14, 2018

Text of Greitens' official statement after felony invasion of privacy charge dropped

(From Gov. Eric Greitens)

Today, the prosecutor dropped the false charges against me.

This was a great victory and a long time coming. I've said from the beginning that I am innocent.

This experience has also been humbling, and I've emerged from it a changed man.

I believe that in all of our lives, we have to deal with pain, and that if we deal with it in the right way, we can learn wisdom.

We all have to deal with suffering, but if we deal with it in the right way, we can emerge with strength.

I also believe, as many people of faith do, that even in the hardest situations, we can find blessings.

Above all, I am sorry for the pain that this process and my actions have caused my family, my friends, and the people of Missouri.

I am extraordinarily grateful for the tremendous patience and courage of friends, family, and people of faith, who have all recognized that in time comes the truth.

We have a great mission before us. And at this time, I'd ask people of goodwill to come together so that we may continue to do good together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray for Governor Greitens.

Anonymous said...

Wonder what his next mission is, defraud the rest of Missouri into believing he is a nice person unlike his idol, DJ Trump. Maybe the legislature will do right for Missouri, but really doubt as it is riddled with untruthful persons